(Wallyhood welcomes Kimberly Christensen to our writing corps. If you’d like to join her, let us know!)
As any good Wallingfordian knows, sunny + 70 = summer! Happily, today’s lovely weather coincides with the opening of Wallingford’s wading pool. The Wallingford wading pool will be open Wednesday-Saturday from noon to 7 pm through August 17th. As you may remember, the Saturday hours are made possible by Ask.com, which awarded them to three Seattle wading pools following a contest in May.
So, take a minute to soak your feet (or your kids) in the wading pool on your way up to the Wallingford Farmer’s Market, open today from 3:30-7 pm. Today at the farmer’s market you will find such delectables as early bing cherries, basil, cauliflower, local mushrooms and fresh pasta.
In the mood for more water fun this summer? Seattle has 16 wading pools located throughout the city that are opened on days that the temperature is forecast to be 70 degrees or higher. Our nearest wading pool that is open daily is at Green Lake. For a schedule of wading pool open days, check out Seattle Parks and Rec.
If you’re new to the wading pool scene, take a minute to familiarize yourself with Seattle’s wading pool expectations:
- Children under 10 years old must be supervised by a responsible adult.
- No “Bare Buns” – bathing suit attire required, babies must wear tight plastic pants or diapers designed for swimming.
- No food or drink; no glass containers.
- No spots – people with communicable diseases are not allowed in the pool.
- No fidos (dogs, cats, etc.)
- No bikes
- No running
- No water fights
- No drugs or alcohol
Here’s a shot from today sent by Patrick Long: