Sandwich shop coming to Doggy Style space

Doggy Style East Coast Hot Dog stand came and went, but from its ashes (4455 Stone Way N) a sandwich shop is growing. I noticed someone working inside the space on Monday and met Pat, local to the neighborhood, who hopes to have his sandwich shop–name TBD–open in four weeks.

I, for one, adore walk-up/bike-up food establishments (no need to lock up the bike or unload the kiddos) and while I regrettably never made it to Doggy Style, I can’t wait to visit this soon-to-be sandwichery.

1. kara said,

Can’t wait to try it out!

Tue, November 13 at 2:07 pm
  2. neighbor said,

we’re in dire need of a good basic sandwich shop around here. i don’t mean some snazzy fancy crap either. i’d kill for a publix sub right about now.

Tue, November 13 at 4:14 pm
  3. Michael H. said,

I’m looking forward to a new sandwich shop here, but it’s not like there aren’t any places to get sandwiches in the area already. You can get sandwiches at two Subways, the QFC, Essential Baking, Irwin’s, Solsticio, Pinky’s, and Rancho Bravo.

Tue, November 13 at 5:45 pm
  4. Andrew said,

Fuck. Yes. I love sandwiches!

Tue, November 13 at 6:10 pm
  5. Carrie B said,

Yay! Sandwiches! Wonderful to have more options. Lots of excitement especially because we live 3 blocks away.

Tue, November 13 at 10:19 pm
  6. diggi bomm said,

Fuck yes. I love sandwiches.. this is Wallingford/.

Wed, November 14 at 12:25 am
  7. dogwalker said,

Great news!

Wed, November 14 at 7:09 am
  8. Margaret said,

I think we’re down to one Subway now, Michael. I ran past the one on Stone on Sunday and it looked deserted. (Point taken, though!)

Wed, November 14 at 7:27 am
  9. neighbor said,

Subway at the base of Stone is closed. I’d hardly consider Pinky’s or Ranch Bravo sandwich shops, sure you can get a sandwich but you do the same at Kidd Valley and the pizza joint by WB&G club. Essential, Irwin’s Solsticio offer sandwiches but that’s not necessarily their specialty it seems (been to Essential, reviewed Irwin and Solsticio menus). QFC actually isn’t too bad IMO, they use boars head.

I’d like to get a good turkey sub somewhere. Good bread, meats, cheeses, etc. I suppose I could just source my own makings but where is the fun (and ease) in that?

Wed, November 14 at 3:10 pm
  10. iyqtoo said,

@ neighbor. Love sandwiches and I’m with you on the Publix sub. i spent my first decade in Seattle looking for a good, east coast style sub, but folks out here think Subway makes subs. Subway sandwiches are good, but they’re certainly not subs!

Very best wishes to the new shop! With any luck, the owner has spent some time on the east coast and knows his subs!

Thu, November 15 at 7:00 pm
  11. Frankie said,

Fuck yes. I love sandwiches.

Fri, November 16 at 12:32 pm
  12. koko said,

The rueben at Blue Star is very good..

Fri, November 16 at 4:40 pm
  13. Madi said,

I saw Pat working away yesterday and stopped by to say hi. Opening day is more than four weeks away (due to non-sandwich-related reasons), but he’s very happy to hear about the neighborhood support.

Wed, November 21 at 11:18 pm

Acrobatic Conundrum

At this year's Fremont Solstice Parade, we put Baby Z up on a pair of junior-sized stilts, threw on some...