Are you concerned about the accidents involving pedestrians along Stone Way? Or perhaps you, like me, are a devotee of little free libraries? Do you want to help create a Wallingford that is people-centric?
If any of these sentiments describe you, the Wallingford/Green Lake Greenways folks would love to meet you! Cathy emailed to invite the neighborhood to their next meeting:
WHAT: Meet people in your neighborhood who care as much as you do about safe and healthy streets.
WHEN: Tuesday, February 11 from 6-7:30 p.m.
WHERE: Mosaic Community Coffeehouse in Wallingford 4401 2nd Ave NE
At 7:30 p.m. we’ll go to Murphy’s to have something to eat and work on finalizing our safer streets map!
- 6 pm. Meet your neighbors
- 6:30 pm. Update on safe streets improvements being planned in Seattle and particularly in Wallingford and Green Lake.
- 7 pm. Break into two or three discussion groups:
- Stone Way safety corridor / 41st crossing;
- Greenways being planned in Green Lake/Wallingford;
- Streets as public places — new ideas like Little Free Libraries, community gardens, play spaces, pocket parklets.
- 7:30 pm Go to Murphy’s on 45th and Meridian to work on a final safer streets map.
Questions? Please contact Jeff.