We can’t damn the kids, so we must damn the house. Here are some local options:
- All Together Skate Park is open for fun behind Evo, replacing the erstwhile innerspace. It has camps and open skate times.
- Green Lake Community Center winter basketball gets on track November 30th for all ages- our son has been there for many years. Mike McGinn is even a coach! Well, McGinn is at Bitterlake, but still, it’s pretty cool that we get the awesome Ernie Chatters and get to play against McGinn’s team. Select a category and then filter to “Green Lake Community Center” on their circa 1999 Web site.
- Artist and Craftsman Supply: Go for a crafting session over Thanksgiving or Christmas break, or sign up for a class.
- Fremont Dance Camp on Stoneway
- Neo Art: Class for ages 6 to 12, or be an art assistant from ages 12 to 15. We did this for a few years, it’s lots of fun.
- Sonic Crossfit Kids: Has camps featuring active gymnastics and outdoor activities behind Kabul restaurant, for middle and high school.
- The Wallingford Boys and Girls club: Has a walk in program for all ages where you pay a nominal fee once per year.
- Vámonos Spanish Center: For ages 7-14 at 45th and Bagley. Spanish immersion through art and cooking projects, outdoor activities, dancing and more.
- YMCA: For ages K-6 at the University District YMCA, or outdoor adventure camps for all ages.
- Zoo Camps: Up to age 14, or volunteer at age 14 or older.
Suggestions or experience with some of the above options you want to share?