The Seattle Weekly’s “Best of Seattle 2009” issue is out now and makes for some mighty fine readin’. Wallingford fared well this year, but we already knew it would. Cuz Wallingford is awesome.
Here’s what Seattle had to say about the ‘hood:
- Best Shop for Getting to Know the Proprietor: Not A Number Cards & Gifts
- Best Restraurant to Expand Your Palate: Joule
- Best Ice Cream/Gelato/Custard: Molly Moon’s
- Best Line Worth Waiting in: Molly Moon’s of course!
- Best Place for Locals to Eat Salmon: Ivar’s Salmon House
- Best Guilty Pleasure: Trophy Cupcakes
- Best French Toast: Tilth Restaurant
- Best Alternative to Stitch N Bitch: Fusion Beads
- Best Reason to Learn a Slip-Slip-Knit: Seattle Purly Girls, meeting at the Blue Star Cafe @ 4512 Stone Way N.
- Best Omelettes (and Mimosas!): The Rusty Pelican Cafe @ 1924 N. 45th. We’d like to add that you gotta try the chocolate martini sometime too!
- Best Way to Take Rachel Ray and Run With Her: Molly Moon’s Sam’s Sundae. Chocolate ice cream & bergamot-infused EVOO + coarse sea salt.
- Best Urban Muralist: Ryan Henry Ward. He’s not a Wallingford business owner (yet! hint hint, Henry!) but he paints here! See our blog entry about Henry here.
- Best Corner for Sugar Addicts: NE 45th Street & Wallingford Avenue! The Weekly mentions Molly Moon’s, Trophy Cupcakes, High 5 Pie (oh yeah! At Fuel Coffee), and Fainting Goat Gelato. They forgot QFC & Babalu’s (alcohol converts to sugar after all) and plenty of others as well. But it’s true. Best corner for sugar!
Congratulations to all!
I’m sure we missed something. What’d we miss? Oh yeah. And while congratuations are in order for the West Seattle Blog and My Ballard, winner and “close second” for Best Neighborhood Blog, look out for Wallyhood in 2010. Game on!