If there’s one thing you’ll learn from reading the comments and stories here on Wallyhood, it’s that Wallingford folks feel strongly about architecture. That’s why it’s such a pleasure to welcome Michelle Quesada as our newest Wallyhood sponsor.
Michelle has lived in Wallingford for over twenty years, first in Tangletown (which, yes, we insist is Wallingford, Green Lake expansionism notwithstanding) and now down on 43rd, raising three children along the way (if you hear a rock band practicing in a garage on 43rd, that’s Dalton), and her approach is very, well, Wallingford: “Sustainable practices, yes indeed,” she says. “I was a college student in the ’70’s, doing coursework in solar design and energy conservation. This mindset has always been a part of my practice. It goes beyond picking fabulous green products: sustainable architecture considers lifestyle choices and the wake we leave as we move through design and construction.”
And, fittingly, her customers are old-time Wallingford, as well: John and Mary Heim (you may remember Mary as the recent president of the Wallingford Community Council), Ann and Gary Weber, Chris Weller and John Thoni, Rebecca Sullivan and more.
So, if you’re looking to have some work done by someone who understands the milieu in the house will exist, who understands how the wind crests the top of the Tangletown hill before descending to the Lake, look no further than Wallyhood’s latest sponsor, Michelle Quesada.
And, as long as we’re lauding our sponsors, please give a nod and support to these other fine businesses that like what we’re doing so much, they’re willing to support us financially:
- Green Cleaning Seattle: You’re busy, you want a clean house, you care about the environment. ‘nuf said.
- Smash Wine Bar and Bistro: Regular wine tastings, happy hour on appetizers and drinks, an outdoor patio, what’s not to like?
- OmCulture: Yoga, permaculture, community, what’s not to like? YogaLife has expanded to Wallingford and brought its energy with it!
- Cooper Jacobs: Chances are, if you’re reading this, you already live in Wallingford. But maybe you rent and you yearn to own. Maybe you just need a different house. Want to talk to someone who specializes in Wallingford real estate? Find yourself a hidden gem.
- Scarecrow Video: Scarecrow Video is not just one the best independent video stores in Seattle, it’s one of the best in the country. One commenter on our initial post welcoming them aboard called them the “Powell’s Books of Video”. High praise, indeed. And did you know they have 2-for-1 rentals every Wednesday?
- Lakeside Dental: Smile!
- Fuerte Fitness: Not only the only gym in Wallingford, it’s the best gym in Wallingford! Specializing in personal training.
- Bedrooms and More: Another great example of why it pays to buy local: the people who own and run this store are local folks who want you to have a good night’s sleep and, while they’re at it, want to make the world a better place. Read our welcome message to get the feeling for who they are, then ask yourself: do I deserve a good night’s sleep?