Hoping to get outside and enjoy the sunshine this weekend? Here’s a few suggestions on things to do in your neighborhood this Saturday (May 15) and Sunday (May 16):
- John Stanford School’s Wallingford Yard Sale Tour: Eight houses, five hours and tons of great stuff! Join your neighbors this weekend for a great cause, as proceeds go toward supporting the school. Saturday, 9AM-2PM
- Wallingford (backyard farms) Walk: Join in for this guided walking tour and discover some of your fellow residents’ unique hobbies, right in their own backyard! The tour begins at Tully’s on 45th at 10am on Saturday.
- Vexations: 18-24 Hour Piano Performance: A group of local musicians will be performing Erik Satie’s composition, Vexations, at Jack Straw Productions (4261 Roosevelt Way NE) starting at 4pm on Saturday and ending sometime on Sunday. Apparently, it takes anywhere from 18-24 hours to play the entire composition. Admission is free, and Hollow Earth Radio plans to broadcast the whole event.
- In-Home Art Showcase: Support local! Come check out the work of a few area-artists this Saturday from 3-9pm at 1804 NE 51st (corner of 51st and Walingford Ave). There will be food, drinks and a raffle drawing!
- U-District StreetFair: Come out for the annual University District StreetFair this Saturday from 10am-7pm and Sunday from 10am-6pm. Pick out tasty treats from food vendors, listen to live music and most importantly…enjoy that sunshine!