Ever wondered what the buildings in Wallingford were before they are what they are?
Robert Ketcherside has thoughtful history of the building going back to when it was built in 1927 on his blog, ba-kground.
According to RoKet, the building was completed in 1927 and leased to Eba’s grocery store chain, which occupied the spot for just two years (apparently, something bad for business happened in 1929, probably Obama’s fault).
“After Eba left in 1929 it was briefly a Frye meat market,” writes Ketcherside, and then a branch of the 9-chain Ernst hardware store before becoming a Brehm’s Grocery.
Lots of fun neighborhood tidbits and snapshots, check out the full article, Wallingford’s Eba’s Store No. 7.
(Photo from Seattle Times, 1927)