Seattle’s Department of Transportation will be holding an open house this Thursday, July 25th from 6 – 8 pm at the Wallingford Senior Center (in the Good Shepherd Center, 4649 Sunnyside Ave N #140) to discuss utility, drainage, curb and sidewalk repairs scheduled for N. 50th St. Work is scheduled to begin as early as Monday, July 29th.
As early as the week of July 29, you can expect:
- Crews to typically work 5 days a week, from 7 AM to 7 PM
- Construction noise, dust, and vibration
- On-street parking restrictions near work zones
- Some nighttime and weekend construction work to minimize traffic impacts
- Periodic traffic detours to nearby arterials
- Vehicle lane shifts around work zones
- Detours around the work zone for people walking and biking
- Partial street closures, often near intersections
- One lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained as often as feasible
- Restricted access to residential driveways; advance notice will be provided
- Flaggers or uniformed police officers to help direct traffic
- Equipment, trucks, and crews in the area
- No traffic impacts two hours before or after special events in the project area
There will be a short presentation at 6:30 pm, and the project team will be on hand to answer questions.
If you are unable to attend in person or would like to learn more, you can also check out our online open house which will be live beginning Thursday, July 25.