Q: Where do you take the man who has given you so much for Father’s Day?
A: To the Octopus Bar to stuff himself with hot dogs all for a good cause!
“Dad, I just wanted to say FRANKS for being there”.
“Your jokes are the WURST, but you’re a real WEINER and I RELISH our time together. So let’s MEAT and KETCHUP June 19th at The Octopus Bar for a Father’s Day Hot Dog Eating Competition”!
That’s right, June 19th we come together on Father’s Day to raise money in honor of Juneteenth by eating as many dogs as possible! Anyone can sign up! Competitors will have 10 minutes to consume (with the chance of taking home a brand new portable grill and other prizes)! The Octopus Bar pledges $5 per hotdog consumed with a minimum pledge of at least $500 to United Way Black Community Building Collective; an organization made up of 15 non-profits with a goal to support equitable recovery and the long-term viability of King county’s black community.
Sunday, June 19th — Start Time 4PM
- $20 entrance fee gets you a contest spot and complimentary lanyard and water bottle.
- Each contestant will have 10 minutes to devour as many hotdogs as possible.
- One hot dog is considered a hot dog and bun in entirety, partials will not be counted, “Don’t want none unless you got buns hun”.
- Food may be dunked in water for no longer than 5 seconds.
- Each contestant will be provided a water bucket, ketchup, mustard, and napkins.
- No utensils allowed.
- Don’t have to be a Dad to participate!
- Any puking is an automatic disqualification.
1st place: Take home a portable grill, and The Octopus Bar and/or The Salty Shack treats! Grill details: Char-Griller AKORN Jr. Portable Kamado Charcoal Grill
2nd and 3rd place: Take home Merch and gift cards to The Octopus Bar and The Salty Shack!