Missing Drone

Missing droneIn what I foresee will not be the first letter of this kind, Cameron writes:

This drone crash landed in my yard today, filming  with a GoPro camera that was attached to it.  Kind of creepy.

Anyway, after leaving it there for an hour no one came and picked it up so I’ve put it in a safe place.  I assume it’s someone’s toy, and I’d be happy to reunite it with the rightful owner.  –Conditional on a promise that they don’t fly it over my house again…

1. Kimberly said,

It belongs to a child. Check the lost and found forums – His dad is trying to help him track it down :)

Sun, March 23 at 5:39 pm
  2. Ben Trelease said,

Yes, it belongs to my son. I so sorry it ended up at your house. He was flying (and recording video) at Wallingord park when something in the controls malfunctioned and the craft flew away from him. It is designed to land itself in such cases but it flew faster than he could chase after it. I promise that no spying was involved or intended! Please call me at 206-295-6129 and I will come and pick it up.

Thanks!!

Ben

Sun, March 23 at 6:04 pm
  3. Wallyhood said,

Awesome. Glad it made it’s way home. Now, can I play with it?

Sun, March 23 at 6:26 pm
  4. Ben Trelease said,

Can you let Cameron know I’m looking for it in case he is not seeing these posts?

Sun, March 23 at 6:47 pm
  5. Cameron said,

Hi Ben- Glad we found the owner. I imagine you have a happy kid! We’ll give you a call shortly.

Sun, March 23 at 8:32 pm
  6. Ben Trelease said,

Successfully recovered. We are incredibly grateful for Cameron and Jen and for Wallyhood in helping connect us together. Birthday saved!

Mon, March 24 at 9:08 am

Prehistoric Wallingford

Calmar writes: Recently at South Lake Union a mammoth or mastodon tusk was found in the ground and removed and...