Seattle Harmony presents The A Cappella Café, Saturday, April 19, 7:30 p.m. at Om Culture (2210 N. Pacific St., in lower Wallingford – map). $10 suggested donation at the door.
- Gypsy – Four-woman American a cappella including, but not limited to, Barbershop,
- onefourfive – Ensemble singing from the Republic of Georgia,
- Dunava – Balkan women’s choir,plus:
- the soon-to-be-world-famous Pub Song Sing-Along, with expert song leaders to get you rollicking,
- a short performance by Dashali (folk trio).
A cappella singing is fun and interesting and everyone should do it. The A Cappella Café is proof positive of this elemental truth, and you should definitely come! You’ll hear singing from several traditions, and you can join in a rowdy and amusing sing-along, too.
People who sing a cappella tend to become wild fanatics about it. There’s nothing better than creating beauty from just your breath and your voice and the practice and attention you devote to the craft. You can find a genre that you like, and you can find a way to sing it! We are having the time of our lives, and we want you to join us.
Please visit the A Cappella Café! For more information, see www.seattleharmony.org.