Pam’s Kitchen, the Trinidad-homestyle eatery that opened last year on 45th St thinks that if you just came in and tried the food, you’d be hooked. So to encourage those first-time customers-to-be to get themselves in and see what it’s all about, they’re offering a free lunch this Sunday, June 5th from 12 – 3 pm. All the recipes are made from scratch from Pam’s traditional upbringing in Trinidad.
On the menu:
- Curry Chicken: Classic Trinidadian curry influenced by India.
- Pelau: Similar to a Jambalaya with chicken, veggies, beans, rice and spices.
- Roti: Choice of two types of flatbread (similar to naan but fluffier).
- Jerk Chicken: Slow cooked on the bone, sweet and spicy
- Macaroni Pie: Perfect dish for the kids
I know that Pam’s recently reduced her hours due to low traffic, so we’re all hoping that this juices things up a bit. There’s been too much turnover in that location, time for something that sticks.