While many are the stores that carry Purina and Friskies, the sole source in our neighborhood for food for the more discriminating dog or cat has long been Wallypets near Wallingford Center. In the next few months however, Wallypets will be getting some competition for the business of catering to the fine-dining needs of our pets.
All the Best is a small, local chain with about a dozen stores in the greater Seattle area including stores in Ballard, Greenwood and Queen Anne to name just three. I’ve never been to one, in spite of being the “chef,” maître d’, hotelier, etc. for three typically finicky felines.
I perused the food offerings on the All the Best website in anticipation of receiving some orders in the future from my furry charges. I recognize a number of these brands from Wallypets.
- Taste of the Wild: When my cats don’t bring back enough gazelles from their safaris on the African savannahs, there’s this.
- Acana: “Biologically appropriate, low carbohydrate, low glycemic, fresh, locally sourced ingredients, made in Canada, free-range beef, bison, lamb, chicken, turkey, wild-caught fish.” I’ll be considering this for my next barbecue.
- First Mate and Kasiks: What?? “Pacific Ocean fish skin and coat formula, sustainable nutrition and Australian lamb with antioxidants from blueberries, raspberries & cranberries.” My cats have been stressing the importance of anti-oxidants lately.
- From the Department of Redundancy Department: Fussie Cat.
- Rad Cat: Be prepared to buy some cool sun glasses for your cat after feeding him this.
- You’re not likely to catch me snacking on any Roar: “Raw frozen turkey necks, duck necks, ground turkey necks, ground chicken backs, beef marrow bones, buffalo marrow bones.”