If you’re like me and can never remember whether it is recycling week or not, rejoice! There’s now an app for that.
Seattle Public Utilities has a new app called Recycle it, and it has plenty of features I’m sure to use on a weekly basis. Here’s what it can do, right from SPU’s website:
- Look up your collection day
- Get weekly collection reminders, never forget your Recycle day
- Report some common service issues
- Report a missed collection
- Change your service level
- Report a missing or damaged cart
- Look up where to recycle, compost or dispose of 100s of items
I can’t vouch for the Android app, but I downloaded the iOS app, and it is simple and easy to use. The first thing it asks you to do is add your address. After that, you can set alerts for your pickup days. This will come in especially handy in the next few weeks when pickups are delayed because of holidays or weather.