Commuting around the neighborhood is about to get trickier as road work crews get started on the Green Lake and Wallingford paving and multi-modal improvements.
Straight from the Department of Transportation, here’s what you can expect:
- Work hours:
- Crews to typically work 5 days a week, from 7 AM to 7 PM
- Closures and detours:
- Single-lane closures near work zones to accommodate construction activities; our crews will maintain one lane of traffic in each direction. Please plan ahead for delays.
- Single-lane closure for westbound traffic on N 50th St near Fremont Ave N
- On-street parking restrictions near work zones; please follow signage on “no parking” signs
- When construction activities are directly adjacent to an intersection or driveway, expect slight delays
- Pedestrian detours in place
- Flaggers to be present to direct traffic
- Construction activities:
- Protection for trees in the immediate construction area
- Construction noise, dust, and vibration
- N 50th St:
- Saw cutting of road pavement to prepare for demolition work and concrete panel replacement at Fremont Ave N as soon as Monday, September 9. Access to the Woodland Park Zoo will be maintained.
- Concrete panel replacement at Fremont Ave N as soon as next week
- Saw cutting of road pavement to prepare for concrete panel replacement from Phinney Ave N to Stone Ave N
- Utility work at Whitman Ave N to be complete as soon as the end of this week
- Concrete panel replacement at Whitman Ave N
- Demolishing and rebuilding curb ramps and sidewalks from Whitman Ave N to Stone Way N
- N 40th St:
- Saw cutting of road pavement to prepare for concrete panel replacement from Stone Way N to Densmore Ave N as soon as next week
Puget Sound Energy’s (PSE) natural gas project is also doing work on N 80th St and N 50th between Stone Way N and Stone Ave on weekends. They will begin work on N 80th St as soon as this week. We are coordinating with PSE as we start work on this project. If you have questions about their work, you can contact them at 425-505-3768 or [email protected].
How to stay informed
- Visit our online open house to learn about the construction schedule
- See our project website for the information on construction progress and design information
- Check out our construction fact sheet for information on what to expect during construction
- Call us (206-693-4151) or email us ([email protected]) with questions during construction