The Edible Plant sale is back! May 7-14 at Rainier Beach Urban Farm & Wetlands (5513 S Cloverdale St).
For many Wallingford gardeners, the annual Edible Plant Sale at the Good Shepherd Center was like Christmas in May! This wonderful event is still happening, albeit in a totally different format! You can get all of this seasons’ gardening needs fulfilled and support a wonderful community at the same time!
The Tilth Alliance My Edible Plant Sale will be at their farm location in South Seattle this year and reservations will be required. They will have a wide variety of vegetables to choose from, including many of our warm season crops like tomatoes, peppers, squash and corn. They also have heirloom plant varieties, culinary herbs, edible flowers, and pollinator plants. They choose plants that are the best varieties to grow successfully in our Pacific Northwest climate. View the plant lists here.
Here is an overview of how the Edible Plant Sale will work:
- Shopping reservations will be required. Booking reservations start on Monday, May 3 at noon;
- Shopping begins Friday, May 7, and continues through Friday, May 14.
- Sale will be held in-person at Rainier Beach Urban Farm & Wetlands (5513 S Cloverdale St, 98118).
- No online sales — only in-person with a shopping reservation
- Enter the sale at the gate in Be’er Sheva Park (8650 55th Ave S, 98118)
- The sale will be operating at a reduced capacity; a limited number of shoppers will be allowed to enter the sale at a time.
- Face masks will be required
- You can the download the illustrated PDF guide to shopping the sale this year
This year, they are combining the Early Bird Sale (first pick of reservations) with Tilth Alliance’s GiveBIG campaign. If you contribute at least $15 to the Tilth Alliance GiveBIG fundraiser between Tuesday April 20 and Sunday April 25, you can take part in Early Bird reservations.
Or you can volunteer and you’ll get free access to the Early Bird Sale benefits. There are a variety of ways to help – from check out, to plant care to shopper support. It is a fun way to get involved and gets you the first choice on plants! I will be there stocking the shelves! Sign up for a volunteer shift here.
Edible Plant Sale Hours
These are the hours during which reservations will be available and shopping will happen:
- Friday, May 7; 5-7 p.m.
- Saturday, May 8; 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Sunday, May 9; 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Monday, May 10; CLOSED
- Tuesday, May 11; 1-7 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 12; 9 a.m.-noon, 2-5 p.m.
- Thursday, May 13; 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Friday, May 14; 1-5 p.m.
Happy Gardening! Let’s all get Good to Grow this season!