The local branch of Verity Credit Union at 4545 Stone Way N, shares with us an opportunity for the community:
Local organizations whose work centers around social, economic, and/or environmental justice and wellbeing have an extended opportunity to apply for a microgrant from Verity Credit Union through September 30, 2022.
Verity Credit Union’s mission centers the values of People, Planet, and Prosperity and strives to support organizations with limited access to traditional funding due to organizational size, age, or tax-exemption status. We welcome all nonprofit applications and some examples of what the grant can be used for is:
- Rent/Utilities costs for organization facilities
- Staff stipends and salaries
- Improvements to operations, such as new technology or software
- Research and development to create new or improve pre-existing programs
Spring 2022 microgrant recipients include.
- HOSTED – “Healthy Othello Safer Through Environmental Design.”
- International Examiner – Newspaper that has served the Northwest Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) community since 1974.
- Nakani Native Program – Organization founded and led by members of the Pacific Northwest Native Communities that helps bridge gaps to promote equity and social justice for all.
- Nepantla Cultural Arts Gallery – A hub for the thriving Latinx/Chicanx communities in south Seattle and beyond.
- Sustainable Seattle – working to build a thriving future through initiatives that deliver environmental, economic and community benefits, promote equity, and build resilience.
- Unified Outreach – A unique Arts-based organization that provides program to community centers, public and private school, transitional housing/youth shelters and more.
Microgrants are for $2,500 and are unrestricted. Read more and apply today.