We’ve got an update for you all on the fire at the Rancho Bravo Taco truck. Freddy Rivas, the owner responded:
We did have an incident that will need some exterior repair work done, most likely off site. It was the result of a design oversight by the builders. Luckily there was no damage to the interior of the unit and it should be a relatively simple fix. We’re going to need to replace the extractor fan. In the meantime we will set up the little trailer again and hopefully have the large unit up again and ready to go very soon.
Then, Andrew left this in the comments section of our original post:
I stopped by the truck about 1pm today. The old truck is being reinstalled and they said they’d be open by 5 or 6pm tonight. The fire was caused by what was described by the guy working as a “manufacturing problem”: The oven inside the truck overheated the wall of the truck and started the fire. It was not an electrical fire, according to him. If I was a real reporter I would have gotten names of these people. It was all according to the guy on the right with the screwdriver in this photo:
You’re a real reporter in my book, Andrew!