Thanks to all who weighed in on the crosswalk flag project that Jon deLeeuw is working on. Jon says this update:
Many thanks to all the comments, and people who’ve come in the store with traffic data on their areas, especially the folks from down by JSIS!
Here’s the deal, I now have a budget of $400 now – $300 from the Council and $100 from the Chamber. Demand is going to outstrip what I can afford; however if the community can donate materials, then I can order more flags. The materials needed are 4″ diameter PVC pipe, and 4 inch end caps – stuff that many people have kicking around in their garage. I would ask these things of the neighborhood:
- Donations of 4″ PVC pipe greater than 12 lengths, plus 4″ PVC End caps
- Contact me before July 1st on what they have to donate – I need time to figure out how many flags to order.
- Bring the donated materials to the WCC booth at the street fair, July 9th
- Volunteer to assemble buckets at the booth (3-4 volunteers for a couple hours would be great)
- Decorate your bucket (yahoo)
- Adopt a designated intersection, hang your buckets and get extra flags for restocking.
Any questions/comments can be directed to me, or brought up and the next WCC meeting, July 6th, 7PM room 202, Good Shepherd Center.