La Casa Azul opens today

Updated, Tuesday, October 4, 7:30pm: Added hours of operation below.

In somewhat less depressing neighborhood news, La Casa Azul Restaurant is now open on N. 45th, in the old Selena’s Guadalajara space. According to their website, La Casa Azul serves authentic Oaxacan cuisine.

La Casa Azul already has locations in Greenwood and Shoreline, and they serve breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays, from 8am to 1pm. Click here to check out their website.

La Casa Azul’s Wallingford location is at 1715 N. 45th St. (between Wallingford Avenue N. and Densmore)

If you pop in before us for a meal, let us know what you think. We’ll add-in the store hours and all that as soon as we see them.

Hours of operation:

Breakfast daily from 8am – 1pm.

Lunch Monday-Friday from 11am – 3pm

Dinner:
Monday:      3pm – 9pm
Tuesday – Thursday: 3pm – 11pm
Friday: 3pm – 12am
Saturday: 1pm – 12am
Sunday: 1pm – 9pm

The application for a liquor license is posted, so stay tuned for an update.

1. Jacqui said,

Yay! I was about to to post something in the message boards asking if anyone knew when it was opening. We walk by it everyday and have been monitoring the progress. We’re DYING to have Mexican for breakfast!

Tue, October 4 at 4:20 pm
  2. When's Happy Hour? said,

Drink/Food Specials?

Tue, October 4 at 5:36 pm
  3. cata said,

I will be in soon.. have waited for this

Tue, October 4 at 6:00 pm
  4. scarebaby said,

I remember when Guadalajara’s was across the street from this location. Back then I enjoyed the place and the food, but I felt the place went downhill after they crossed to the south side of the street. So I’m happy for the change, and can’t wait to try it out!

Tue, October 4 at 6:19 pm
  5. Eric Maurer said,

nice!
    we will be there tomorrow night for dinner!
    Save us a seat.

Tue, October 4 at 7:20 pm
  6. Margaret said,

@When’s Happy Hour: The Application for their liquor license is in the window. Stay tuned!

Tue, October 4 at 7:39 pm
  7. Eric Maurer said,

ohhhh….. no booze? We’ll wait :)

La Casa Azul folks….. let us know when you are serving tequila and we are there!

Tue, October 4 at 8:11 pm
  8. Marian said,

We have eaten dinner at their Greenwood location and it was excellent—especially if you like authentic mole dishes.

Tue, October 4 at 8:46 pm
  9. Janey said,

I’m embarassed to say that I never ate at Guadalajara the whole time they were at their old location (might have done across the street). But I am so bummed about hearing that two other local businesses have closed that I promise to go at least occasionally!

Tue, October 4 at 8:50 pm
  10. Monica said,

I LOVE their authentic Oaxacan food and the service is always fast and friendly. They also have good portions for a great price. Everything is bursting full of flavor since they use fresh ingredients and make each order fresh. I’ve tried breakfast, lunch, and dinner many times and look forward to having another location closer to my home! Happy Hour is going to be amazing…

Tue, October 4 at 9:29 pm
  11. Denny said,

I tried it for lunch today, and yum. Salsa fresh made daily. Same with tortillas. Tasty black beans instead of refried. And no big cheesy globs, at least not on my burrito. The lunch menu is a bit limited but includes several breakfast items. My server says everything is prepared from scratch and it tastes like it. Welcome to Wallyhood, La Casa Azul!

Thu, October 6 at 3:57 pm
  12. K said,

I just had dinner there last night. I thought it was good, but not GREAT. They’re not officially “open” yet though they said. They officially have their grand opening next week when they will start having a happy hour. I believe they said happy hour would be 3-6 and then again 9-close. I can see myself becoming a regular at happy hour, as the margaritas were excellent. Made fresh and not from a mix, they were hands down the best margaritas i’ve had in a while. Also, you can get margaritas by the pitcher!

Sat, October 8 at 8:16 am

Izilla Toys Closing

Izilla Toys announced it was closing its shop in a very sad email to its customers this morning titled, "Thank...