I’ll give you an example. In 1992, a small travel agency paid me to fly to Atlanta for an event where I would represent the company as one of their writers. As I sipped a cocktail waiting for the plane to taxi down the runway, I thought, “Now I’m a real writer. Paid to travel.”
The first time I saw the Space Needle in person, I knew I’d arrived in coffee city. I’ve had some of those definitive moments in Wallingford as well. Like the night I was walking in the neighborhood with a friend and she pointed out where Dave Matthews lives. Ah yes, now I know I live in Wallingford. Cuz I know where Dave Matthews lives.
Here are a few other examples, then I’m going to ask you for yours!
You know you live in Wallingford when:
- You learn where Dave Matthews lives
- A co-worker tells you where Dave Matthews works out
- You hear that Dave Matthews gives out good Halloween candy
- You know who Caspar Babypants is, and you don’t even have kids
- You can list every business that’s ever operated out of the Fainting Goat location on 45th
- You keep reminding newcomers of the Food Giant days
- You drag a couch into the middle of Wallingford Ave on July 4th (see pic)
- You’ve seen the Lorax
- You know who the Mayor of Wallingford really is
Okay, your turn. Add your Wallingford moments to the Comments section. Play along with me now: You know you live in Wallingford when…