Looks like another busy weekend in Wallingford, with tons to do and lots to see. Highlights include understanding Wikileaks, finding your inner clown, sipping on Jones Soda, spending your hard-earned allowance, and checking out all the Daddies. Read on for more details!
- 5:00-7:00pm Wine tasting City Cellars (1710 North 45th Street) Montepulciano d’ Abruzzo, $3.00-$5.00.
- 7:00-9:30pm Friday Night at the Meaningful Movies at Keystone Congregational United Church of Christ (5019 Keystone Place North) presents the film “WikiLeaks: THE DOCUMENTARY” (57 min, Björn Granberg/SVT Play, 2010), with featured guest: Steven Reisler, Residing President Of The Seattle Chapter Of The National Lawyers Guild. A Swedish Television SVT documentary on Wikileaks and the net activist Julian Assange that tries to get under the surface of the organization, understand the driving forces and the ideology behind the tremendous impact that Wikileaks has made the past year. Join us following the film for a facilitated discussion. Price: FREE!
- 10:00am-4:00pm: OmCulture (2210 N. Pacific St.) presents a Master Class with director and clown doctor Arne Zaslove. This class will introduce the “mindset” you need to liberate your inner clown. Using simple, yoga-based physical exercises, a few props and a selection from Zaslove’s extensive collection of character masks, learn to improvise solo and with a group. Class will break for an hour lunch.
- 2:00-5:00pm: Wine World (400 NE 45th Street), Wine tasting featuring White Heron Cellars, Aspendwood Cellars from Washington, Anam Cara from Oregon, Blue Mt. Cider, and a special Jones Soda tasting featuring all of their flavors for kids hosted by 12 year old Sam Hengst. 2-5 pm Following the tasting we are featuring Movie Night “Blood Into Wine” from 6-7:30. Check out this very fun hip new wine movie in our ballroom, including the line-up of Caudaceus Wines that the movie is based on along with truffle popcorn! Follow Maynard James Keenan and Eric Glomski as they attempt to start a stable of wineries in northern Arizona. Winemaking, you say? In Arizona? Check out this fun and intriguing movie and see if this could possibly be the next Napa.
- 9:00am- 12:00pm Pancake Breakfast at the Wallingford Community Senior Center. Located in the basement of the Good Shepherd Center (4649 Sunnyside Ave. N). Adults only $5 and Kids $2.50. Just follow your nose.
- 11:30am-12:30pm GraceFeast at Gift of Grace Lutheran Church (2102 N. 40th Street).
- 10:00am-5:00pm Izilla Toys (1815 N. 45th St. in Wallingford Center) Allowance Day: An Izilla Original! Kids spending their own hard-earned, hard-saved money will get 15% off their entire purchase this day.
Monday: (yes, it’s a weekday, but it’s worth mentioning, and I’m the one writing this, so there!)
- 4:00pm-6:00pm: Math Salon at Mosaic Coffeehouse, (4401 2nd Ave NE). The Math Salon is an opportunity for everyone – children, adults, families, teachers – to come together and play with math. We’ll have different mathematical games, puzzles, books, and inspirations available.
- 6:00pm – 8:00 pm: Wallingford resident Cathy Tuttle, along with David, Akiva, and Emma Notkin invite you to an opening of Cathy’s paintings of Daddies at Mosaic Coffeehouse, (4401 2nd Ave NE). RSVP by email or on Facebook. Open to all, please invite friends! To preview Cathy’s work, visit: http://cathytuttle.ning.com/photo/album/list.