On Tuesday afternoon, Seattle Public Schools (SPS) released a draft of the proposed new boundaries. You can read the draft in its entirety here. Here are the proposed changes for Wallingford:
1) John Stanford International School and McDonald International Elementary School would become Option Schools beginning in 2014, with small geozone boundaries for folks living nearby (those boundaries have not been drawn yet).
2) All kids living east of Stone Way and not within the JSIS/McDonald geozones would attend Green Lake Elementary.
3) By 2017, the APP program at Lincoln would split into two different pathways (Lincoln would then be under construction for a high school by 2019):
- Wilson‐Pacific Elem> Wilson‐Pacific MS >Garfield (or to optional APP/IB at Ingraham, with guaranteed assignment).
• Olympic Hills > Jane Addams MS >Garfield (or to optional APP/IB at Ingraham,with guaranteed assignment).
Share your thoughts, comments and concerns:
• Email comments to: [email protected].
(Please put your school or topic in the subject line.)
• “Walk the Boundaries” project will be held September 18–
|September 23, 6:30–8 p.m.||Mercer Middle School Lunchroom
1600 South Columbian Way
(Spanish, Somali, Vietnamese and Taglog interpreters)
|September 24, 6:30–8 p.m.||Nathan Hale High School Commons
10750 30th Avenue NE
(Spanish and Somali interpreters)
|September 25, 6:30–8 p.m.||West Seattle High School Commons
3000 California Ave SW
(Spanish, Somali, and Vietnamese interpreters)
|September 30, 6:30–8 p.m.||Meany Building Lunchroom
300 20th Ave E
(Spanish, Somali and Vietnamese interpreters)
|October 1, 6:30–8 p.m.||Ballard High School Commons
1418 NW 65th Street
To see the complete Growth Boundaries Project Timeline, click here.