The City of Seattle and Puget Sound Energy continue to put our taxes and fees to use. There is construction going on all over the neighborhood. The City of Seattle in pursuit of the big multi-modal project that has been ongoing for awhile now. PSE is working on its natural gas project. From the city’s weekly notice:
Here’s what you can expect for the upcoming week of construction:
- Crews to typically work Monday – Friday, from 7 AM to 7 PM
Closures and detours:
- Lane closures near work zones to accommodate construction activities; our crews will maintain one lane of traffic in each direction. Please plan ahead for delays.
- On-street parking restrictions near work zones; please follow directions on “No parking” signs
- When construction activities are directly adjacent to an intersection or driveway, expect slight delays
- Pedestrian detours in place
- Flaggers to be present to direct traffic
Protection for trees in the immediate construction area
Construction noise, dust, and vibration
N 50th St:
- Concrete panel replacement at Fremont Ave N to be completed next week. Access to the Woodland Park Zoo will be maintained.
- Drainage work, panel replacement and ADA curb ramp and sidewalk installation will continue from Phinney Ave N to Stone Ave N
- Saw cutting east of Stone Way N
- Concrete panel and sidewalk replacement at Whitman Ave N to be completed as soon as the end of this week
- Demolishing and rebuilding curb ramps and sidewalks from Dayton Ave N to Stone Way N
N 40th St:
- Saw cutting of road pavement ahead of concrete panel replacement from Stone Way N to Wallingford Ave N once crews complete saw cutting on N 50th St. Crews will start at the west end of N 40th St and work east.
Green Lake Loop
Potholing at the intersection of West Green Lake Way N and East Green Lake Way N for utility work as soon as early- to mid-October. This work will require removing the island at this intersection.
- Puget Sound Energy’s (PSE) natural gas project is also doing work on the Green Lake Loop and N 50th between Stone Way N and Stone Ave on weekends. We are coordinating with PSE as we work on this project. If you have questions about their work, you can contact them at 425-505-3768 or [email protected]