The rolling hills of Gasworks, the sylvan cloister of the Good Shepherd Center, the bustling mercantile hub of 45th Street, the quiet lanes of Tangletown…is there a neighborhood anywhere filled with such variety and beauty as Wallingford? I think not!
To prove it, Wallyhood is sponsoring a Wallingford photography contest. The rules are simple. The winning photo must be:
- Taken in Wallingford (see Walkscore’s map if in doubt)
- Of something in Wallingford (i.e., no photos of the Cascades as viewed from…)
- Taken from a publicly accessible space (i.e., no photos taken in your in-home studio)
- Taken between January 26, 2009 and February 22, 2009
The winner will receive a $100 gift certificate for framing donated by Frame Central and display of your photo for one month. Entries will be judged on visual impact as well as Wallingfordness.
Yeah, it’s subjective, but preference will be given to photos that are recognizably part of Wallingford. We’d like people to be able to go to the spot where the photo was taken and see what you saw (if perhaps not the way you saw it).
Which brings us to the How To Enter:
- Entries may be submitted anytime up until midnight, Sunday February 22nd, 2009
- Entries should be uploaded to Flickr and tagged “WallyhoodContest#1″ (you are also encouraged to add them to the Wallingford Flickr Pool)
- Click “Add to Map” after uploading, so we can see where all the photos were taken
That’s it. Wallingford residency not required, enter as many times as you like. Wallyhood will be the final judge, but may solicit opinions of readers to select between finalists. The winner will be announced on these pages on Tuesday, February 24th.