Turns out there’s more going on this Saturday at the John Stanford school than just the plant sale we posted about yesterday, there’s a bike rodeo! That’s right, wild mustang bicycles will buck and turn, trying to throw their riders while the brave cyclists dodge their steely horns…
OK, nothing quite so exciting, but still some fun to be had. Kim writes that they’ll be holding a free Get Out Your Bike event this Saturday, May 9th from 10 am – 12 pm (same time as the plant sale) in the east playground at the JSIS. Activities include:
- Bike Rodeo – safety training for road riding for young people led by Cascade Bicycle Club.
- Helmet sales – Cascade Bicycle Club is selling them for $10. Helmet fitting is free.
- Free Lemonade and bagels
- Fun challenge course for those who finish the rodeo
- Bike Swap – bring a bike to sell or buy a bike
- Minor bike repairs – flat tires and seat adjustments
First 10 kids to participate in the rodeo receive a free bike horn or bell donated by Recycled Cycles.
Best get ready for Kidical Mass!