New Pet Shop

We’d heard through the Twittervine that 4 Legs Good (on Wallingford Ave between 44th and 45th St) had been bought by a new owner (and long-time Wallyhood reader) Cherrrylll, but we didn’t know much about it. Thanks to Michelle, we now know the name:

Wallypets

It’s kind a nice ring to it, doesn’t it?

1. Kiwi said,

Cute! What a great neighborhood to have pets :) Mika will be pleased.

Tue, February 23 at 4:52 pm
  2. Kara C said,

We announced Cheryl (and Peter, her biz partner)’s taking over Four Legs Good (now Wally Pets) at last week’s Chamber lunch; they had literally just signed the papers, and also joined the Chamber right there! Much applause and cheers….
    Cheryl worked at Four Legs Good a long time, and has been a petsitter/walker too. Knowing so many pets in the ‘Hood, she was a perfect person to help Wallingford keep a great natural pet shop here!
    Not A Number (my shop) is proud to assist and promote Cheryl in any way, as well as the Chamber (she worked for us too, and we really like her!). She’s got a grand opening thing in the planning, and the official takeover is March 1. Watch for much more fun and great products from Wally Pets soon.

Tue, February 23 at 7:45 pm
  3. Domenic said,

Just yesterday, I took my dog next door to Bark In Style for a trim and was about to go into Four Legs Good. That’s when I noticed the windows were covered for renovations. March 1st is when it reopens as Wallypets! :-)

Wed, February 24 at 11:28 am
  4. stacey C said,

I wasn’t a fan of the original owner and don’t think this will be much different. there was a general lack of knowledge about food both by the owner and employees. I guess time will tell.

Wed, February 24 at 2:38 pm
  5. TrailPug said,

The new owner is awesome! Our dog loved Four LEgs Good and is counting down the days until WallyPets will open…

Thu, February 25 at 8:12 am
  6. Big Dog Food said,

Dear WallyPets: Please keep regular and convenient hours! I eventually had to give up on Four Legs Good after more than once I ran by to get pet supplies there, but was surprised to find them closed or in “be right back” state, and it kinda threw my whole errand schedule off for the day. Will definitely give WallyPets a try though! And my dogs eat a LOT. : )

Sun, March 7 at 12:45 am
  7. Brenda said,

I also went to Four Legs Good many times and got a closed sign or “will be right back” during open hours. After the fifth time, I gave up. If you own a retail store you should be open all hours you post as “open”. I understand emergencies and advanced notice but this was a lack of professionalism. If the former employee bought the store I hope that she saw that as a problem with EVERYONE who worked there (including herself) and corrects this in the future.

Mon, March 8 at 5:28 pm
  8. Cheryl said,

I thank you all for your insight and advice! I am very excited for this space to have a fresh start… in all ways! I absolutely agree that there was a consistent lack of professionalism as “four legs good”… Wally Pets is eager to earn your trust and a reputation of excellence!! & dependability. ;)
    Renovations seem to have taken much longer than initially anticipated, but I am confident the doors will be open this next week!!! Grand opening party soon to follow!! Yippee!!!!!!! ;)

Tue, March 9 at 12:27 pm
  9. Beauford's Mommy said,

My Bernese Mountain Dog and I are *very* excited to come visit Cheryl’s new place! She is the perfect person to take this store under her wing! It is worth mentioning that we live on the Eastside (Sammamish), and will drive to Wallingford for our pet needs, be it food, treats or just kisses from Auntie Cheryl! Congratulations!

Sun, March 21 at 8:23 am

Rancho Bravo Improva

Eagle-eyed tipsters from around the 'hood spotted changes afoot at the city's finest taco truck, Rancho Bravo Tacos. For some...