A Muddy Cup Opens Tuesday

A few weeks back, we reported that East Wallingfordians would soon have a new java spot, and now we have an official date:  A Muddy Cup will open on Tuesday, (10/12).  Their hours will be 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. to start, and depending on the neighborhood’s need for a twilight caffeine fix, they may adjust their closing hours.  A Muddy Cup is located on the northwest corner of 45th at Latona.

Sarah Dolezal told me that they’ll be using Sol Colibri and Pangaea Organica as roasters; and for baked goods, they’ll be using Julia’s Bakery here in Wallingford, along with Mighty-o Donuts and Flying Apron, which specializes in wheat-free, gluten-free, and vegan baked goods.

Stop by and say “hi” to Sarah and her partner, Matt on Tuesday and give ‘em a warm Wally welcome!

1. P.J. said,

We are sooo happy to have our own neighborhood gathering spot to meet up with pals! The owners have been working long and hard most of the summer (we’ve been checking with them periodically when we pass by) and I’m sure THEY are just as happy as we to open the door. Your Latona friends/neighbors will see you soon!

Fri, October 8 at 5:33 pm
  2. abigail said,

Thank you, Muddy Cup, for offering us gluten-free baked goodies ! I will certainly stop by to welcome you to Wallingford and bring my friends..

Fri, October 8 at 10:03 pm
  3. Molly said,

Dang. I was really hopeful it would be a place I could study. Apparently I’m the only one who needs caffeine after dark…

Fri, October 8 at 11:28 pm
  4. sally said,

Any word on whether or not they’ll have wifi? I need a good place to study too!

Sat, October 9 at 10:15 am
  5. Liz said,

Really excited you guys are moving in. See you soon! :)

Sun, October 10 at 12:55 pm
  6. Crai said,

Molly, Sarah said they will stay open later “if the neighborhood supports it'” though at the moment it is just Matt and Sarah working “until we pay off the debt” so don’t want them to burn out. Sally, yes they have wifi. I think the ambience is spot on and am psyched to finally have a spot in our micro-neighborhood. Been waiting years in fact. Good loose tea, too. @craisbower

Tue, October 12 at 1:55 pm
  7. Margaret said,

Thanks for the info, Crai!

Tue, October 12 at 4:30 pm
  8. Shannon said,

Matt and Sarah are terrific and the coffee is AWSOME! The Latona gang is thrilled to have the Muddy Cup just steps away!

Sat, October 16 at 11:16 am
  9. FreGirl said,

I can share a report that the coffee is tasty and the decor is fabulous and comfortable. I posted about the coffee shop as a good evening hangout for writers on the National Novel Writers Month forum. If you see random people carrying rubber duckies invading your coffee shop during November, that would be us. Regarding the ducks, well, it’s just a NaNoWriMo thing…

Wed, October 20 at 7:58 am

ZomBCon call for volunteers

The world's 1st zombie convention, ZomBCon, will take place in Seattle starting October 29th. While it's not a Wallingford event,...