Wine World Grand Opening

By now I’m sure you have spotted the red radiant sign that illuminates right off of I-5 at 400 NE 45th Street and is visible from 520 spelling out WINE WORLD!

December 1st is the day the doors will slide open to the the public.  It’ll be the largest wine store in the Northwest—23,000 square feet of wine, artisan cheese, charcuterie, flowers, gifts, tasting bars, and a 4,000 square foot private event room. Wine World Warehouse states, “If we don’t have it, we’ll get it!” Now that’s what we call service!

According to Wine World Warehouse:

Founded by Northwest Sommelier, David LeClaire, Wine World Warehouse will offer the widest selection of Northwest wines, with wine from over 500 Washington wineries and over 6,000 wines from around the world.  We will be hosting private events in our one-of-a kind event space, have complimentary wine, cheese, and chocolate, and olive tastings daily.

WINE WORLD WAREHOUSE WILL FEATURE:

• Over 23,000 square foot of space, the largest wine store in the Northwest
  • Best selection, best pricing and best service
  • A HUGE selection wine offered in a stylish and friendly atmosphere
  • Two 30 foot tasting bars
  • Artisan cheeses and charcuterie case, fresh flowers, wine related gifts
  • Private event space with city views, tasting bar, flat screen tv, music and free wifi
  • Easy access off Interstate 5, free parking in adjacent lot

The Wine World Warehouse will be open seven days a week, 11am-9pm.

1. Eric said,

So you can sip wine while overlooking a freeway? Isn’t that location better suited to office supplies?

Mon, November 29 at 8:27 pm
  2. Marley's Ghost said,

Didn’t think that large a sign was legal !!!

Mon, November 29 at 9:15 pm
  3. protected static said,

@Eric One would have thought. And yet, here we are…

Eh. I’ll definitely check ‘em out, if for nothing more than the tastings :-)

Mon, November 29 at 9:52 pm
  4. protected static said,

(honestly, they probably had me at ‘charcuterie.’ mmmmmm, pork…)

Mon, November 29 at 9:56 pm
  5. Bean said,

@ Eric You wouldn’t think highway would mean a great drinking experience but … they aren’t kidding that on a clear day you have great views of Portage Bay and Mount Rainier. I helped with the tastings for pre-orders and the event space was a nice place to sip some wine.

Tue, November 30 at 1:38 am
  6. Isolde said,

Who cares about location if prices are good and parking is easy? I’ll check them out for sure.

Tue, November 30 at 11:25 am
  7. Chris said,

That nasty sign is actually visible from the 520. (Btw, isn’t it the exact same font as Wayne’s World, and Letterman’s World Wide Pants?)

Tue, November 30 at 12:53 pm
  8. Jim said,

I have been to several events put on by David and his crew and they do a great job. By the way, it is a local owned and operated business. Why the negativity? God forbid someone occupy that space and create jobs.

Tue, November 30 at 3:44 pm
  9. Raffaella said,

Woo hoo! I’m thrilled, can’t wait to come home and check it out!

Tue, November 30 at 4:22 pm
  10. Marley's Ghost said,

No negativity toward our new business friends intended. The sign selection really is a bit goofy as it lacks style and grace, which does not seem to match the business. Best of luck in your endevour!

Wed, December 1 at 12:26 am
  11. FreGirl said,

The sign is horrendous. I will not shop there simply because of it. I’d rather put my support behind the nice indie wine guy in Fremont. Plus, he always knows exactly what wine to pair with my meal or what champagne I should drink straight and which one I should make my mimosas with!

Wed, December 1 at 9:15 am
  12. Heidi said,

Even though the location and sign might make one think this is a place owned by a large corporation, Jim is right, the owner is a local sommelier who has been organizing wine events in Seattle for many years. No doubt the shopping experience will be different than at a small store but good to know WineWorld is the idea and store of a passionate, local wine connoisseur.

Wed, December 1 at 10:44 am
  13. DOUG. said,

I think the sign is perfectly in scale with the eight-lane interstate running across the street from it.

I will shop there. And at City Cellars. And Bottleworks. And the liquor store. Wallingford is booze central!

Wed, December 1 at 11:12 am

Honey So Sweet

We had a good year beekeeping in Wallingford this year: 16 gallons of honey, weighing in at 180 lbs. Perhaps...