Oops! Time for a little mea culpa-ing here at Wallyhood:
We had some great comments and responses to the post about the closing of the Gypsy Café on Stone Way—thanks for reading! Seems I got some of my facts scrambled, but the folks at Evo and Evolution Properties provided us with some more information so read on for corrections and clarifications to our earlier post:
- Evo Seattle Ski & Snowboard Shop is moving into the Fremont Collective building in October. Their headquarters and evo.com will stay at the current location.
- Two fabulous restaurants, Joule and The Whale Wins, will be opening this fall in the Fremont Collective building as well. Yum.
- The Fremont Collective is NOT the same building that currently houses the Gypsy Café.
- The company that developed and leases out the Fremont Collective is called Evolution Properties. Bryce Phillips, the founder of evo, is part owner of Evolution Properties, and while the property company will be the landlord of the new Evo spaces, they are two totally separate companies.
- The space housing our beloved Gypsy Café was purchased by Evolution Properties. No word yet on what will be put in the new space, but I’m still rooting for a ball pit.