Want to spread the word or have something to share with the neighborhood? Check out the forums section of Wallyhood for announcements, referrals, questions, and of course Wallingford neighborhood gossip! Here are some highlights:
- The Panhandling discussion continues as several of our readers have reported an SUV trying to scam individuals into giving them gas money or money for their children. Maybe someone will obtain the license plate number and report the information–be on alert Wallyhood!
- Need a good place to donate clothes like reader rupert? The Bargain Fair Thrift Store (1415 N. 45th Street) takes donations, which help support children in the Seattle area.
- Anyone lose a tabby colored cat? It has been seen hanging around Wallyhood without a collar. Reader Red Menace has taken the cat to the Animal Talk No Kill Rescue for a ID scan. If you know who this cat belongs to please call 206-235-7942 or join in on the conversation found cat.
- Reader MaryW shared some bad news in her post, Two newly framed photos taken from my car Friday night. Someone had taken two framed 11×14 cartoon style drawings, both of which held deep sentimental value from her car at 40th and Pacific. But wait, there’s a twist: two days later she went to her car and the pictures had been propped up against her car and returned. I guess the guilty conscience got a hold of someone–thank goodness!
- Wallyhood, we may have a plant villain on our hands! Frankie alerts us about the plant poisoning that has been taking place around Wallingford. If you hear or see anything please post within the forums.
- And last but not least, Seattlenewbie wrote that she’s taking the plunge from the Eastside and wonders if Wallingford is a safe place for young, single women. We think so, but it’s always good to be aware of your surroundings, as KayKov and Jackie Blue point out.
Happy reading Wallingford, and thanks for being neighborly!