John Stanford International School’s (JSIS) largest annual fundraiser, the JSIS Move-A-Thon will take place on Sunday, September 30 on the Burke-Gilman Trail and the parents/organizers of the event are looking for corporate sponsors to help pay for participant and volunteer t-shirts.
Neighborhood businesses like 4 Your Eyes Only, Ivar’s Salmon House, Blue Star Cafe and Pub, Teahouse Kuan Yin, Dunn Lumber, Pharmaca, and Harold’s Lamps and Shades were among the 40 sponsors who supported the 2011 Move-A-Thon, and here are the organizers’ reasons why you should come on board to support the 2012 Move-A-Thon:
- In 2011, more than half the students at the school took part in this healthy community tradition and walked, rode, skated, or scootered over an incredible 1,500 miles—with absolutely zero carbon emissions!
- In the past several local firms have generously supported the Move-a-Thon through a donation of cash or goods which helped provide free T-shirts to student participants. The shirts displayed logos of several local supporting companies, were a HUGE hit with the kids, and of course were worn throughout Seattle. The students went on to raise approximately $20,000 – critical funds that are more important than ever in this time of dwindling public money for school programs. Money raised by the Move-a-Thon makes possible countless educational programs in our award-winning neighborhood public school. Through your generous support, we’re also building stronger community ties between local businesses, the school, and families of students and staff—priceless connections between neighbors that make Wallingford a better place.
- We know that the economy remains a challenge, but we’re asking if you will please consider supporting the 2012 edition of the Move-a-Thon. The enriching educational activities supported by the Move-a-Thon are even more important in times like these. Any amount is appreciated, however donations of $250 or more will put your name or logo on the shirts; larger donations receive larger logos. We will also continue to reserve a shirt for you as a “thank you” memento.
- If you are interested in being a 2012 T-shirt sponsor, please email Steve Pignotti at [email protected] to reserve your spot by September 14, 2012. We will need a black & white logo in JPEG format & a t-shirt size as well.
- If you are interested in volunteering to support the event please email John Thoni at [email protected].
- More information at 2012 Move-a-Thon.
We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks again!