And before you ask, no, we are not sponsored by Monsanto. Anyhoo… it’s the weekend again. Time to have some fun:
- Jazz trombonist Julian Priester. Concert is at 8pm, $5 – $15 sliding scale at the Good Shepherd Center Chapel Performance Space.
- Santa arrives at Wallingford Center’s Mud Puddle Club for a weekend of portrait sitting with your kiddoes. Learn more here. Santa’s hours are 4pm-8pm Friday, 10am-7pm Saturday, and 11am-6pm Sunday. Ho ho ho!
- Operation School Bell benefit art show at Wallingford Center, 10am to noon. All art made by kids. Proceeds help put coats on kids who need them. Also, your kids can stop by the ‘art table’ for communal creative experience. Learn more here.
- John Stanford International School (JSIS) Playground work party 10am – 2pm. The goal is to spread 100 CY of wood play chips for our new playground space. Snacks & refreshments will be provided. Bring work gloves. Learn more here.
- SantaCon kicks off at the Fremont Troll this year (not Capitol Hill). Noon. Come thirsty.
- Ronin, featuring Kenny and Don Berman on saxes, flutes, and percussion, hosts a special concert entitled The Three Duos. So this is pretty unusual: a concert where the audience is onstage, surrounded by the musicians. Cool! Concert is at 8pm, $5 – $15 sliding scale at the Good Shepherd Center Chapel Performance Space.
- Om Culture’s Winter Solstice Celebration. 7:30 PM for the family show and 9:30 PM to 1:30 AM for the adults, with live music and dancing featuring Adrian Xavier and friends with Sarah Christine. Early show $5 and after 9:00 PM $10. Visit OmCulture for more details.
- Seattle Public Theater is playing Jacob Marley’s Christmas Carol and The Best Christmas Pageant Ever all weekend. Mostly all month. Check ’em out here.
- Gracefeast at Gift of Grace church (2102 N. 40th St). Noon. Come hungry and talkative.
- Seahawks. Oh wait… Atlanta? Nevermind.