Seattle Met: Yogurtland opening in Wallingford

Seattle Met reports that Yogurtland, a self-serve frozen yogurt store, will open in Wallingford, occupying the former Quiznos space (2320 N, 45th St.).

Yogurtland currently has a location on Capitol Hill, on Broadway and Pine that opened over the summer. The Wallingford location will be one of three new stores to open by year’s end, with the other two opening Bellevue and the U District. We’ll give you more details as we get them.

Thanks for the tip, Lauren!

1. neighbor said,

at least it’s not another coffee shop

Wed, September 14 at 10:19 am
  2. Chris said,

Hmm, first Cupcakes were all the rage, now Froyo. If consumer trends continue to follow the Android release theme, then perhaps I should reconsider that speculative investment in Gingerbread housing…

Wed, September 14 at 10:21 am
  3. C said,

Froyo was the rage when I was growing up in Arizona. TCBY was opening stores all over Phoenix – we had 3 within walking distance of my house. Then the fad faded, and only one TCBY was left. Eventually that, too, was gone.

Wed, September 14 at 6:51 pm
  4. Fruitbat said,

Franchise. I guess that’s what happens in that space. I’d rather stick to the independents.

Thu, September 15 at 9:40 pm
  5. Chris W. said,

I hope I’m not chased from Wallingford for saying this, but Fremont Universe reports that Cool Whirled has self-serve all natural, kosher, gluten-free, no high fructose corn syrup frozen yogurt: http://www.fremontuniverse.com/2011/08/06/cool-whirled-frozen-yogurt-fremont-toppings/

But then you can add M&Ms or Capt’n Crunch, etc, to make sure you get the high fructose corn syrup that’s missing from the yogurt. ;-)

I guess Chris is right about froyo being a trend again!

Fri, September 16 at 4:11 pm
  6. Cee T. said,

So excited but so scared! The one on Capitol Hill is all the rage with lines going out the door and I want my yogurt too!

Sun, October 2 at 5:25 pm

La Figa

A year or two back, our friend (and James Beard-award winning chef) Tiberio Simone asked if he could have some...