Wallyhood welcomes back Fuerte Fitness as a sponsor, located at 1225 N. 45th Street, just west of Stone Way N. Fuerte Fitness specializes in personal training, and they also offer classes like Zumba and bellydancing, as well as nutritional guidance and community outreach.
All month long in December, Fuerte Fitness will be celebrating its anniversary, with specials on nutrition packets, plus pictures with Santa are open for the public on Dec. 1 from 6pm to 7pm (please reserve your spot). Bellydancing series starts on Dec 1st at 7:30pm and goes every Thursday until the 22nd. of Dec., so please sign up. Zumba will be at Dec. 2 at 6:30pm. Gift certificates are available for personal training, memberships, semi-private training, and classes so that you can give the gift of health for the holidays.
Fuerte Fitness owner Adriana Medina also offers up a tip for holiday travelers:
A client, Julia, was traveling a lot these last two months and asked me about some exercises she could do on the flight. Exercising really cuts down on fatigue. I gave her this list and thought I would share it:
- Flex your right foot towards your knee and without abducting your thigh (don’t let your knee move to the right or out), externally rotate you foot, being mindful of you shin muscles,15 times. Repeat on your left foot.
- Flex your right foot towards your knee and without adducting your thigh,(don’t let your knee move to the left or inside). internally rotate your foot inside 15 times. Repeat on your left.
- Sit upright in your seat bring your belly button towards your spine (without letting your chest fall and shoulders slump), do 15 shoulder circles towards the back. Repeat frontwards.
- Sit upright in your seat and look forward and rotate your head to the left 15 times and repeat on the right.
- Stand in the back of the plane on your right leg. While maintaining neutral spine, abduction your left heel out 15 times and squeeze your left cheek. You should feel your butt. Repeat on left foot.
- Sit in your seat and squeeze your glutes and hold for a sec 20 times.
- Sit upright in your seat let your head drop to the right and with the right arm, stretch your neck towards the right side. Hold for 30sec on each side. Make sure you are not shrugging your right neck as your stretch your left side towards the right and vice versa.Repeat 2-3 times and needed.
Thanks to Fuerte Fitness for your support, as well as all of our fine sponsors:
Bedrooms and More: Another great example of why it pays to buy local: the people who own and run this store are local folks who want you to have a good night’s sleep and, while they’re at it, want to make the world a better place. Read our welcome message to get the feeling for who they are, then ask yourself: do I deserve a good night’s sleep?
Cooper Jacobs: Chances are, if you’re reading this, you already live in Wallingford. But maybe you rent and you yearn to own. Maybe you just need a different house. Want to talk to someone who specializes in Wallingford real estate? Find yourself a hidden gem.
Lakeside Dental: Specializing in full dental services. Lakeside will help you maintain a healthy and beautiful smile.
Lesli Dalaba of Treetop Acupuncture brings comfort, health and well-being to Wallingford from her backyard aerie.
Michelle Quesada: A Wallingford-based architect specializing in sustainable designs.
Murphy’s Irish Pub has happy hour every Monday-Friday from 3-6:30pm, plus appetizers and daily specials every day from 3-9 pm.
Oom Yung Doe offers an array of classes including adult training, self defense, tai chi chung, as well as classes for kids and juniors.
Perche No’ Pasta and Vino: Be sure to check out Perche No’s Malaysian & Thai Cuisine Event on Monday, November 28, from 4:00pm-10:00pm. Make your reservations now because they fill up quickly.
Reed Painting: Whether you want to add new color to your home, refinish your deck, fix things around the house, or anything else, Reed Painting Company is sure to have the answer you seek.
Scarecrow Video is not just one the best independent video stores in Seattle, it’s one of the best in the country. One commenter on our initial post welcoming them aboard called them the “Powell’s Books of Video”. High praise, indeed. And did you know they have 2-for-1 rentals every Wednesday?
Smash Wine Bar & Bistro: At Smash, you can pair your wine with their tasty snacks, appetizers or entree sized dishes; but you absolutely must try their cheese flight served with a baguette, crackers, local honey, and apples.
The Fitness Lab: The Fitness Lab offers customizable fitness programs for clients from every walk of life, all ages and all fitness levels.
Turnpike Pizza: Specializing in thin-crust, authentic “New York style” pizza, with locally sourced produce and traditional toppings. Turnpike Pizza is located at 6900 E. Green Lake Way in the Circa building which offers free parking to the restaurant’s patrons. If you click here or over on their ad to the right, you’ll find some great coupons exclusive to Wallyhood readers.
UW Medicine: The new UW Neighborhood Ravenna Clinic offers a complete spectrum of primary care services for the entire family, including obstetrics and gynecology and travel medicine services. The clinic will also offer ancillary services including on-site laboratory, digital X-ray facilities, and nutrition services.