Bollyhood in Wallyhood

Neighbors, get ready for the first ever Wallingford Bollyhood Flash Mob happening during the June Art Walk on Wednesday, June 6.

Bollyhood in Wallyhood?! Oooh, sounds like fun, yes? Jai Ho, and all that! Well guess what? You’re invited to be a part of the flash mob!┬áIt’s free and open to the public.

Starting this Sunday (May 6), and every Sunday until the June Art Walk, Fresh Fitness and Dance will be holding practice from 5-6pm. They’ll teach you all the choreographed moves while the organizers of the Wallingford Art Walk will provide refreshments.

Fresh Fitness and Dance is located at 4430 Corliss Avenue N. (behind Kabul).

1. coolio said,

I am unclear about a cost fo r this. ???????

Sun, May 6 at 7:31 am
  2. Margaret said,

It’s free and open to the public, as noted in the post.

Sun, May 6 at 7:34 am
  3. coolio said,

Pardon me!
    “It’s free and open to the public” makes it sound as though being in the flash mob is free and open to the public. They teach classes, which might have been an additional cost. I am involved with Glee flash mob. They don’t charge to be in the mob but they ask for donations. They put videos on for practice and then have 1 or 2 practice sessions.
    There is nothing wrong with asking for clarifying info.. much better than to arrive thinking its free and beign asked for 15.00 which I cant afford.

Sun, May 6 at 11:34 am
  4. tri-p said,

Coolio, I don’t think Margaret was being nasty with her response, just answering your question. A lot of your comments often indicate that you are not thorough with your own thoughts and are quick to respond. Please read carefully before you jump all over someone.

Mon, May 7 at 7:53 am
  5. Michael H. said,

I agree with tri-p.

Mon, May 7 at 2:54 pm
  6. coolio said,

Thank you for your perspective.

You can read what I said. That didn’t feel like jumping ” all over someone”. It felt and was intended to clarify why I doublechecked.

“Jumping all over someone” seems a bit vague; to me it would include name-calling or personal insults which I didn’t make.

Mon, May 7 at 4:24 pm
  7. Donn said,

I have a number of criticisms for each of you, but I think I’m going to give you a break for now. Try to do better.

Tue, May 8 at 8:46 am
  8. Jack said,

How is it a flash mob if everyone knows it’s coming???

Tue, May 8 at 1:49 pm
  9. coolio said,

The Glee ones do nto disclose wher eit will be until day of.. people meet in designated spot and walk or bus to destination.

This is a different set-up in a neighborhood joining with an event. I think it’ll add a lot to the community and fun of the art walk.

And no, I will NOT wear my coolio name on shirt for reprimands about my questions, position on Skansa or knowledge or anything else.

Tue, May 8 at 3:51 pm
  10. Neighbor2You said,

Well, as far as I’m concerned, what happens in Wallyhood stays in Wallyhood. :D

Seriously, best wishes for a great Bollyhood event. Have fun!

Tue, May 8 at 10:32 pm
  11. coolio said,

well, that may sound fine and funny. It’s time to refrain comments and questions. Thanks for the feedback and ‘handslap’. My predictions:”Skansa will build and it will seem even larger than they said, blocking a lot but bringing more business, money and traffic. The neighborhood will continue to have many great events ( some with slightly confusing listings and info) and occasional protests against one thing or another and few folks will call City or other ruling bodies. Some in the area will be unhappy with new school assignments with good reason. It’s been fun.

Wed, May 9 at 9:08 pm

Meridian School cleans up

Tomorrow (Friday, May 4), the kids from The Meridian School will be cleaning up around The Good Shepherd/Meridian Park grounds,...