This Saturday (October 20) marks the second annual International Video Store Day! And where better to celebrate than our favorite independent video store (and Wallyhood sponsor) Scarecrow Video! Check out the day’s festivities and in-store giveaways:
Our 2012 Video Store Day festivities will feature a VHS Art Show with handmade work from a variety of local artists paying homage to the painted covers of the early days of home video. We’ll also have a special rental section of movies and TV shows shot in and around Seattle from our Scarecrow on Seattle column for the city’s Office of Film + Music.
This year’s enter-to-win contests feature some seriously great prizes:
• A Full Series Pass to the 2013 Seattle International Film Festival
• A theater rental at Grand Illusion Cinema
• Screening passes to Northwest Film Forum
• The five-disc Story of Film collection, courtesy of Music Box Films (this series played at SIFF 2012)
• A Blu-ray/region-free DVD player
Our Video Store Day sales * will feature:
• 10 rentals for $35 (a $10 savings)
• 50% off all used movies for sale
• $3 off new Blu-ray and DVDs for sale
*Some restrictions apply, see store for details
There will be limited edition Scarecrow Video merchandise for sale, along with lots of DVDs, Blu-rays, and promotional item giveaways from an eclectic mix of home video labels such as Magnolia, Kino, Zeitgeist, Criterion, Music Box Films, Echo Bridge, Monterey, MPI, and Anchor Bay Entertainment.
We’ll also debut our expanded VHSpresso seating area and give a sneak peek to the future home of the Scarecrow Screening Room.
We invite everyone to visit us on Video Store Day to browse our over 117,000 movies and rediscover your local, independent source for film. Thank you for your continued support of Scarecrow Video and all of Seattle’s independent video stores.